Sunset Lake House
This extravagant beautifully decorated home sits on an acre of beach front property and faces due west, allowing you to experience Northern Michigan's most picturesque sunsets and an outstanding view of the Straits of Mackinac. Located only 2 miles from downtown Mackinac Island the SUNSET LAKE HOUSE sleeps 16 and is the perfect setting for the perfect family vacation. This home is ideal for families, writers, artists, or for corporate executive entertaining (just a short ride by horse and carriage from the airstrip where private planes can easily land).
To view a video of the home and experience Mackinac Island visit:
Description - 5 Bedroom 3.5 Bath Home
- Living Room: 25 foot vaulted ceiling great room with wood burning fireplace and magnificent giant windows overlooking Lake Huron.
- Fully equipped modern kitchen with giant center island that includes breakfast seating, dishwasher, microwave, spacious storage, wall pantry, immense amount of cupboards, disposal, compactor, refrigerator/freezer, second freezer, desk, cutlery, plates, pots, pans, every imaginable kitchen gadget and more!
- Two dining rooms seating a total of sixteen. Both rooms located next to one another - designed for entertaining.
- Master bedroom suite with king bed, private jacuzzi tub PLUS sitting room with gorgeous views of sunsets on Lake Huron.
- Giant deck overlooking Lake Huron. Includes grill, home like outdoor furniture with seating and lounging for 16. On the front of the house, an enormous porch in the tradition of Mackinac Island faces the majestic woods.
- Media (family) room with giant plasma screen, Blue Ray /DVD player, streaming Netflix, surround sound movies, wireless Internet and iPod doc. Gigantic sectional sleeper sofa. Entire room can be closed off with pocket doors.
- Music System: Stream music wirelessly from iTunes to the great room sound system while you relax and watch the island's most beautiful sunsets! Use the iPod doc in the media room or listen to surround sound music system while watching movies in high definition.
- Spacious laundry room.
- Guest powder room.
- Sophisticated drinking water filtration system dispensing cold and hot water.
- Security sytem.Second Floor
- Four large bedrooms (3 with bunk beds and trundles, 1 with queen bed).
- Two additional full bathrooms (one a "Jack and Jill").
- Children's safety rails on select beds, many rooms with bunk beds and children's safety gates in select areas (all removable if desired).
- Private beach with views of Mackinac Bridge.
- Private woods.
- Off the back deck, within the private woods, park style playset, swings, mini-climbing wall, play fort and more!
- Secluded, peaceful one acre lot with stunning sunset views.
- Mid stay housekeeping is available.
- Food of your choosing pre-stocked in the kitchen.
Learn More About Mackinac Island - There's No Place on Earth Like It!
Terms of Rental
- Limited availability. This home goes quickly! Please call for rates and availability.
- Minimum rental period of 30 day required by City of Mackinac Island.
- 50% confirmation deposit required upon booking. Balance due upon arrival.
- $1,000 refundable security deposit due upon arrival.
- Call for special off-season rates.
Serious inquiries only, please.
- Cancellation before January 1 - Refund 90% of deposit if we are unable to rent the home. If we are able to re-rent the home for the entire time, full refund less $100 processing fee.
- Cancellation after January 1 and before March 1 - Refund 50% of deposit if we are unable to rent the home. If we are able to re-rent the home for the entire time, full refund less $50 processing fee.
- Cancellation March 1 or after - No refund unless we are able to re-rent the home for the entire time. If we are able to re-rent the home for the entire time, full refund less $100 processing fee.